2016 - Decolonizing the Academy
- Decolonizing the Academy:
- Date and Time
- 21st Apr 2016 09:00 - 22nd Apr 2016 17:00
- University of Edinburgh
‘Decolonizing the Academy’ is a convergence of critical and creative scholarship, theory, conversation, and empirical research committed to questioning and undoing the foundations of inequality in Africa and African Studies. Hosted by the University of Edinburgh Centre of African Studies and the Global Development Academy, this international conference calls for a collective examination of how knowledge and power are defined, distributed, and denied through the Academy, broadly defined.
Check out the conference website for more details: https://decolonizingtheacademy.wordpress.com
- Where: The University of Edinburgh
- When: 21-22 April 2016
- REGISTER here.
- Buy tickets for the legendary African Food Battle! Featuring music, storytelling, comedy, drumming, and a four-course meal from all corners of the continent. 21 April 7pm – tickets available here
Roundtable: The State of African Studies in Europe with Dr Barbara Bompani (Edinburgh), Dr Akinyinka Akinyoade (Leiden), Prof. Ambreena Manji (Cardiff), Dr Clara Carvalho (CEI-IUL Lisbon), Dr Shose Kessi (Chair, Cape Town) - 21 April 13:15-14:30
Visual Ethnography Workshop with Dr Manuel Ramos - 21 April 17:30-18:30
Panels on Decolonizing...
- Pedagogies & Curriculum
- Research: Method, Voice, & Power
- African Studies
- The City
- The State
- Art & Media
- Activism & the University